Featured Verse

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (II Tim 3:16) "The sum of Your word is truth" (Psalm 119:160)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Page Makeover: Update

As I mentioned in a previous post, Political 411 is undergoing a change in focus. As you can see there have been a number of changes. As you can see, the name has been changed. Beneath that, you will notice that there is a 'Featured Verse' section which will always complement the most recent post, ( including this one). On the side bar you will find a link list of on-line reference materials. I thought it best to provide readers with the where-with-all to get their facts straight before taking issue with me in a comment. The Koine Greek/English Dictionary is not very 'layman' friendly, I will continue to search for a more suitable one. I have designed a header graphic which has a symbolic meaning.

Of all of the religions in the world, Christianity is the most fractionalized. There are at approximately 38,000 christian denominations in the world. In the beginning it was not so. Throughout the fist couple of centuries, Christians were united in one faith. The first split occurred in 431 at the First Council of Ephesus. God never intended these divisions.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. - Eph. 4:4-6

And again,

What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? - 1Cor. 1:12-13

Believers are divided into groups by ideology, practice, and traditions; yet all claim to follow the same scriptures. The main focus of this page will be to examine the things that divide us, and hopefully strip them away.

I will be challenging you, and I am sure that you will be challenging me. In the process, we will all learn from the experience.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Love this! I, too, wish we could look at our differences, set them aside, and belong in one fellowship.

da patriot said...

I knew that I could not be the only one who thought that the divided state of chistiandom was an abomination.